Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A couple thoughts...

It was a long night- my mom had another sugar crash. When I finally felt like her sugar was up and she was stablized, I headed home. And for some reason, all I could think about was Caden the entire drive home. How much I missed him.  I saw this quote recently on another baby loss mom's facebook page:

"‎"If you know someone who has lost a child and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died, they didn't forget they died. You're not reminding them. What you're reminding them of is that you remember they lived, and that's a great, great gift." Elizabeth Edwards

I thought that is pretty much right on. I hope to get people to understand that. I never forget about him.



Also, this post was recommended by a friend and for fellow baby loss moms or for those trying to understand a little more, its a good read:

http://therumpus.net/2010/07/dear-sugar-the-rumpus-advice-column-44-how-you-get-unstuck/

"The live on planet Earth, you live on planet My baby died"

And I'm still there, the one relieving thing is there are other people living there with me and we are helping each other survive life on that harsh planet.


2 comments: